Description

Join me on my adventures as I try to live a healthier, more relaxed and more spiritual life. In this blog, I narrate my attempts my to do this using healthy recipes, talk about growing my own vegetables, and how I alleviate stress through quilting and positive affirmations. I also talk about those people around me (my family and friends) who make me the person I am.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Need to Be Healthy

"Tomorrow I am going to start living healthy."

I find myself saying that a lot.  You all know the story.  Tomorrow comes and life happens; suddenly, trying to live healthy takes a back burner to everything else that's going on.  The job and the schoolwork and the family all take precedence, and it seems like there is no time or energy left.  So you (meaning I...) make excuses as to why I can't do it today, and I find myself saying that line all over again:

"Tomorrow I am going to start living healthy."

Life is giving me little nudges though.  It's saying "Okay Rachel, enough with the excuses.  How long do you really think you can put this off?"  The truth is, there will come a point where it will be too late.  I really don't want to ever reach that point.  Today, I'm taking a step back and looking at all of the things I want to accomplish, all the places I want to go, and how I want my life to be.  Today I am saying to myself that I am worth the time and energy needed to be healthy.  I'm going to start by heading to the kitchen and making a salad for dinner instead of picking up the phone and dialing for a pizza delivery.

"Today I am going to start living healthy."

PS. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment