Description

Join me on my adventures as I try to live a healthier, more relaxed and more spiritual life. In this blog, I narrate my attempts my to do this using healthy recipes, talk about growing my own vegetables, and how I alleviate stress through quilting and positive affirmations. I also talk about those people around me (my family and friends) who make me the person I am.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Hello world! Welcome to my blog.

Normally, the first blog entry tends to be an introduction to the author.  Here I would write all about my education, career, family, likes, dislikes, pets, etc. in an attempt to make you find me an interesting enough person to keep reading.   I hate to disappoint you, but that is not how I intend to start my blog.  I've tried that before and never got past the first one or two entries.  Instead, I'm going to tell you about what my son and I did tonight. 

Tonight my two-year-old and I sat at the dining room table and dyed Easter Eggs.  Although I was hesitant about undertaking such an activity with him (I had images in my mind of the beige rug looking tie-dyed by the end of the evening, as well as of cherry-colored handprints on clothing and walls), it turned out to be a lot better than I ever could have imagined. 

There is nothing more entertaining than watching a child play with colors.  Despite all the work that I knew was waiting for me tonight, I was able to forget everything and experience pure joy just watching my son.  I loved hearing his squeals of excitement as his eggs turned blue, pink, yellow and green.  It made me wish for a moment that I could be a little kid again.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Sounds like your blog is going to be full of interesting things! :-)

    ReplyDelete