Description

Join me on my adventures as I try to live a healthier, more relaxed and more spiritual life. In this blog, I narrate my attempts my to do this using healthy recipes, talk about growing my own vegetables, and how I alleviate stress through quilting and positive affirmations. I also talk about those people around me (my family and friends) who make me the person I am.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Bad Call, Ref, Bad Call

I'm not sure how many of you have been watching the World Cup lately.  Normally I'm not a huge fan of soccer, but when World Cup time comes around, you can be sure I've seen a lot of the matches.  (My husband is a huge fan, and the television becomes a soccer only zone for a rather extended period of time every four years.)  Although I will not ever claim to be an expert, I was appalled by what I saw during today's USA versus Slovenia match.  Let me start off with this disclaimer:  As I stated before, I am no expert.  I have nothing against Slovenia; this is purely in regards to the calls made by the ref during today's game.

If you saw if, you already know what I'm talking about.  The horrible way in which Team USA's third goal was "disallowed" or, more realistically, was "stolen away" by a bad ref call.  If you haven't seen it, here's a video clip of it. 
 Just as US player Edu started celebrating the goal, the referee declared that the goal was not to be allowed.  This call, along with several others against the US throughout the match, has everyone scratching their heads.  Sportscasters all over, including those who are loyal to other teams, cannot figure out what is the supposed problem here.  The ref, Koman Coulibaly, is not speaking about it either.  He has yet to give anyone a straight answer as to his reasoning for disallowing the goal.  Unfortunately for us here who support our US team, the ref's call is absolute and the US was forced to take a 2-2 draw as the final result to the game.  What could have been a fantastic comeback and victory for the US was stolen from us. This was a bad call, Ref; a bad, bad call.

Just wanted to share that..Video Credit goes to Dave Levy on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment