Description

Join me on my adventures as I try to live a healthier, more relaxed and more spiritual life. In this blog, I narrate my attempts my to do this using healthy recipes, talk about growing my own vegetables, and how I alleviate stress through quilting and positive affirmations. I also talk about those people around me (my family and friends) who make me the person I am.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

After Vacation Funk

Today I am experiencing that 'After Vacation Slump' or 'Funk' that you have when you've come home after a really great vacation.  One of those states you get into when you realize that the fun, carefree period is over and the time to start in on the mountain of laundry has begun.  When it hits you that real life has started again, and you no longer have time to do things such as picking up shells on the beach or ponder the direction of your life while watching the waves roll in.  Instead, it's back to deadlines and school, responsibilities and menial labor.

My family and I just returned from a week long trip to the New England area.  This is one of our favorite places to be, having lived in Boston for three years.  One of my greatest heartaches was the day that we had to move several hundred miles away.  During our trip, we tried to cram as many visits to our favorites haunts as we possibly could; this included visits to various beachs on the Atlantic Ocean.

What is it about the ocean that can make us forget all of the worries and anxieties of day to day life?  Maybe it's not the same for everybody, but the sight and sound of the water just makes everything melt away for me.  I could sit and watch the waves all day.  My favorite beaches are the rocky beaches of Maine...despite the ice cold of the water, there is nothing like it.


2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures!


    http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/
    Stop over for my anniversary give away
    http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/2010/05/anniversary-month.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I like to play amateur photographer when we go out to these places. :)

    ReplyDelete